Since I re-subscribed to Glossybox this month, I figured I’d do the same with Joliebox and see what the two have to offer. Both boxes are £10 + £2.95 p&p a month and offer 4 to 5 deluxe size samples (sometimes full size products too).
My first box was sent but never reached me so I had to wait for a replacement which I only received yesterday, 28th November and the packaging wasn’t even sealed… A little late but the box didn’t disappoint.
The November 2012 Joliebox is called ‘Beauty in the City’, the products come in a black bag inside a black box, I’m glad there isn’t bits of paper to protect the content… My pets go crazy for those, I am still finding bits in the house.
When I saw the content of the box I though there was quite a bit there, seven samples to be precise. I don’t know if it was a gesture of good will as the box arrived late or if most subscribers received as many as me, either way I’m very happy to have gotten so much.
The content :
– Yardley Royal English Daisy Eau de Toilette – 1ml. It smells nice but I think it’s a fresh fragrance that would be more suitable for spring and summer. The scent is described as ‘an elegant dewy fresh, green floral fragrance’, I’d say it’s pretty accurate. The more I smell it the more it reminds me of Burberry Women Eau de Parfum.
– Dead Sea Spa Magik, Gentle Cleansing Facial Wash – 25ml. I’ll try it but I have to say I am not really fond of the scent…
– Vertumne a Venus Manucure Absolue, Moisturizing & Regenerating Cream – 2ml. That’s a French product. Quite curious about this. I hope it helps with my dry hands but it is a very tiny sample.
– Topicrem Body Glitter 3D Effect – 15ml. This is another French product. I’m not too keen on putting any glitter on my skin so I’ll probably never use this.
– Galenco SOS Repair Balm – 4.8g, I suspect this is a full size. I’m always happy to try lip balms and creams, especially with the cold weather settling in. This one seems quite nice, good consistency, smells of sweet coconut, tastes of nothing. I’m looking forward to trying this product.
– L’Occitane Hydration Cream – 15ml. I love L’Occitane, especially their almond range and I am delighted to have received a sample from this brand. This moisturizer is suitable for my type of skin so I’m looking forward to trying it out. Its scent is very herbal, which isn’t my favourite but I can live with that.
– Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream – 2ml. This is the product I really wanted to try from this month’s Joliebox. Not only I received it but it came in the shade BB5 which is the one I probably would have picked. I can’t wait to try it and I will most likely write a review for you.
Overall I have to say I am pretty happy with this month’s Joliebox. I feel like most samples were picked to fit my requirements and skin type. I am looking forward to the December 2012 box now!
What do you think of this month’s Joliebox?