Selfridges’ Lucky Bag – It’s “Okay”…
As promised yesterday, here is my follow up article on the Selfridges’ Lucky Bag. So? Was it worth it?
First of all, I’ve got to say that I am fairly unimpressed with the overall content of the Lucky Bag. I’ve looked around on other blogs and whilst I knew it was a lottery and so every bag was filled randomly, I feel like the content of some of the bags was pretty poor. I feel like I’m in the middle really, mine isn’t terrible but it isn’t great either.
The following products were in my Lucky Bag, only two of them are available on the Selfridges‘ website :
– Beauty Junky Aromatherapy Face Mask, RRP £1.99. Everyone likes a face mask so I am happy to have a new one to try, I am disappointed that this isn’t a high-end brand’s one though, this is a Selfridges‘ pick after all!
– Nail Art Correction Pen, £4.99. It’s okay, I will use it but yeah, I wasn’t expecting this in the Lucky Bag…
– O.C.C. Lip Tar in Pennyroyal, £10. I actually wanted to try one of these so glad I’ve got one now. I wouldn’t have gone for this brown muddy colour myself but I actually like it very much. Plus I think this has its place in a Lucky Bag.
– Anatomicals Cypress and Thyme Body Cleanser, £3. I’m not sure how to put this but this shower gel smells horrendous, it smells like hair dye. Won’t be using it.
– Anatomicals Snog Me Senseless Lip Balm, £2.55. It’s a full size, it’s nice on the lips, I like the tingling, but again, what is this doing in a Selfridges Lucky Bag?
– Blink Gift Card, Eyebrow Shape, £17. Either £17 on an eyebrow shape or £17 worth of products from Blink, I can live with that.
– Tissues, 99p. Yes, tissues, worth 99p…
Total for my bag is £39.53. The bag was £15 with £4.95 P&P so I suppose I did alright. I can’t help but feel cheated, I feel like more thought should have been put in when it came to putting the content of the bag together. I don’t understand why the Selfridges Beauty Workshop would send some of these products to customers. It does feel like a standard subscription box only £5 more expensive and with £4.95 of P&P.
It wasn’t all bag but definitely not what I was expecting from a store like Selfridges. I think this bag should have been filled full size high-end products just like the Beauty Box was. Never mind!
So, it’s ‘okay‘ but I think I’ll keep an eye out for the Selfridges Beauty Box instead, at least I’ll know what’s in the box before purchasing it.