Carine Roitfeld for M.A.C.
I am very excited to be writing this article! As I mentioned in a previous post, I was looking forward to the M.A.C. Carine Roitfeld Collection (which is due to come out this week in the UK). I went in a M.A.C. store last saturday, hoping to see both the Camouflage Full Face Kits to try to decide which one (Desert or Jungle) to buy when the collection comes out. Well not only did I get to see the entire collection but I also did get to buy, yes, to buy what I wanted early! All that thanks to a lovely M.A.C. makeup artist.
Whilst they are some pictures and swatches available online (mainly from the US), I’m glad to be one of the first UK bloggers to review the Desert Camouflage Full Face Kit.
The packaging is absolutely gorgeous, it’s a square black box with a matte finish with Carine Roitfeld‘s initials and M.A.C. written in a glossy black paint. The box is heavy and feels very well made, it feels, dare I say, ‘expensive‘.
When you open it, it reveals a mirror on the top part and four Eye Shadows. I generally dislike mirrors built in palette as many are cheaply made and distorted, well I like this one although I will probably never use it. Slide the eye shadow section to the side and you’ll find the Cremeblend Blush.
What’s included in this kit? What do I use the products for?
The Eye Shadows:
– Top left : Sahara Dust, a light neutral beige with a Satin finish. I like using it in the inner corner of my eyes.
– Top right : Cactus Thorn, a mid tone brown bronze with a Frost finish. I use this one all over my lid and a little bit under my bottom lashes.
– Bottom left : Desert, a shimmering warm taupe with a Satin finish. I use it like Cactus Thorn, obviously, one or the other.
– Bottom right : Carbon, an intense black with a Matte finish. This colour is part of the permanent eye shadow line. I use it in the outer part of my lid.
I do like all of the eye shadows in this palette, they all have great formulation and are heavily pigmented. If I had to pick a favourite one out of the four, it would be Desert, I do really like taupe colours. I only think it’s a shame to have included Carbon, especially since it actually is in both the Camouflage Full face Kits.
The Cremeblend Blush:
– Sand Storm is a soft sheer warm caramel, it reminds me of my Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel Makeup Base in colour but it is much sheerer and more orange. When I first opened the box, it was immaculate but now I’ve used it a couple of times, there is some condensation on the blush, I don’t mind it, just thought I’d let you know about it.
Here are heavy swatches of the eye shadows on my fingers, left to right : Sahara Dust, Cactus Thorn, Desert and Carbon.
Now for a swatch of Sand Storm inside my wrist. I applied quite a bit of product and blended it out a little bit.
I love this palette, I am happy with the quality of the products and of the packaging. I will use all of the shadows and the blush. I love the one I have my only regret is that I didn’t pick the other one too… Might have to go back.
The Full Face Kits retail for £37 each. The entire collection is available online now and on 4th October in M.A.C. stores.
Are you picking up anything for this collection?